Friday, October 31, 2008

Toto We Aren't In Kansas Anymore...........

Not in South Carolina either!
We are in Ho Chi Minh City and honestly if it wasn't for my children at home and my friends I would probably just stay and live here. Anything not to get back on those planes. I thought I loved flying and the flying didn't bother me, it was the 36 hours of flying that got the best of me. Brooke & Chris would not have been proud.
Chloe would say "Mommy you don't look so good". Mommy didn't feel good either. All flights were filled to capacity and very cramped. I hate cramped. Felt like I had the flu yesterday but today is much better. Our facilitator was smart to give us 2 days to rest before traveling on.
He has really taken wonderful care of us and we haven't even met him in person yet.
He booked us this beautiful hotel that is clean, comfortable, and has free buffet breakfast for the 3 of us for $40 per night. It is also 3 doors down from the Big C which is a small mall with grocery store that we have walked too.
For all my friends that have adopted from Guatemala, you know all the noise, traffic, and crazy driving, well multiply that by 10 and you have HCMC.
But like Guatemala the people here are so gracious. They are treating Chloe like a little princess though and I told her not to get use to it because it isn't like this at home. They love her hair and they smile and shake their heads yes to her everywhere she goes. At the restuarant they wait on her hand & foot, but not us, just the little princess.
At the Big C today a little girl kept wanting to rub up against Daniel, and her mother kept trying to get her to stop and the woman kept telling her to tell him hello. He looks like a giant here, it is too funny I only the other hand fit in better at 5 foot tall.
I will tell you that we did the one thing we wasn't suppose to do and that is after we got to our hotel yesterday and we had no a/c and after 2 days of flying, we took cold showers and went to bed. Woke up at midnight and couldn't go back to sleep.
Daniel finally figured out how to turn the air on at 2 am though and life was good.
I teased him because 15 minutes after we got here he fried his fan using one of the converters we brought. He was standing in a chair trying to get the air on, sweat running down that bald head of his and I just started laughing.
He is the one that said he wants to stay at the guest house next door to the baby home so we could keep Zane with us the whole time before we actually have our G & R.
I asked him did he still want to do that and he gave me the evil I and said we need to talk T into getting them to let Zane go to a motel with A/C.
Tomorrow he picks us up at 8:30 am (Sat) and we begin our trek to Zane.
We will spend the night in Can Tho and leave out Sunday morning for the baby home.
In just 2 days we will be holding Zane for the 1st time.
GOD IS SO GOOD!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Teresa,
I love all the pictures and your update! I am praying for you all and I can't wait to hear all about Zane and see him in your arms!

Joe Young said...

Great description. I can just see Daniel sweating. I have to know, how hot is it. Love the photos. We are praying for you guys, and look forward to more stories.

Kristi said...

Love the pictures. It looks like a beautiful place. Love the update Cant wait to see more pictures.

Krisit

Mom2Bs said...

WooHoo, I am thrilled for you and praising God for every step you've taken! Looks like you are being taken care of! The pictures are wonderful!