Friday, October 10, 2008

AHH....THIS IS A KILLER

I have been tracking my name affadavit, and it left Sec. of State for Washington Wednesday even though I paid for next day delivery it didn't get to the Embassy of Vietnam in Washington until 11:31 am today. I called the Embassy to plead my case asking them to process it as soon as possible (keep in mind I paid the expediting fee) and she told me it would take 2 business days and Monday is a holiday so Tuesday would be the best she could do. Could or would? How hard is it to authenticate 1 document. I begged and pleaded with her and she finally told me to call her back today at 5 pm. I said, "are you are going to still be there at 5 pm, what time does the embassy close?" She said call close to 5 pm, I knew she was putting me off and she did. I started calling at 4:10 pm all the way up to 5:30 pm and all I got was a recording that she "was not available and no room in box to leave message".
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I could scream!
So now best case scenerio would be she sends it out on Tuesday, I get it on Thursday, P sends it to our facilitator Thursday afternoon 10/16, he receives it Tuesday 10/21, has it translated by Wednesday 10/22 and then takes it to the province on Thursday 10/23 to turn into the province leader. Weeks lost, I am just sick over this, just sick! And how do I know he will even sign our letter of invitation once he gets my authenticated name affadavit. I knew 10 days to 2 weeks was too good to be true. AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh

5 comments:

Xadie's Journey said...

Son of a business man. That just stinks all over again. I'm praying for you girl!

Kristi said...

As Samuel would say Aweeeeee Schnuks!!!! When that letter is confirmed to be out of that wonderful ladies hands I think we should send her a plant. Stink Weed... Better yet The Britt's will start praying for her. Sounds like she really needs...

We are always praying for you guys..

Kristi

Mom2Bs said...

I feel so bad for you!! All the running around trying to get the correct paper work, and than it sits on a desk. I really believe those people do not realize what that can do to parents!! Ugh!!! Sending a bunch of hugs!!!

Jenna said...

Keep your faith. It will all happen in His time.

One Busy Momma said...

OH no.... I'm sooo sorry.... Hoping that document gets to where it needs to go very soon....

Denise