Tuesday, October 7, 2008

BAD NEWS........................

And I am devastated right now. My heart is broken as I try to write down what has happened.
Instead of the province leader signing our letter of invitation he requested a notarized, verified, authenticated name affadavit. That's right in some documents he saw where my maiden name was also included in my signature and now he wants a name affadavit. I am so upset right now I don't know how much more I can take.
A name affadavit isn't even required for the Vietnam dossier like it is in Guatemala, our adoption has already been approved by DIA, US Embassy and the Justice Department in the province. Why now would he ask for this. All he was suppose to do was sign the letter of invitation, and now we have wasted weeks. Instead of traveling this weekend, I have been running around like crazy trying to get his document notarized, sent to the Secretary of State. Once it leaves there it has to go to the Embassy of Vietnam for authentication, they will send it back to me and then our agency director will have to send it to our Vietnam facilitator and he will have to have it translated before he will be able to take it to the province.
Doesn't look like Zane will be coming home anytime soon. This is so unbeleivable that if it wasn't happening to me I wouldn't even believe it myself............

4 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Teresa!!!! I am sooooo sorry!! I have been praying so hard for you all! I will continue to pray and pray that it will not take as long as you think!

Jenna said...

Teresa, I am so sorry!!! Your baby will be in your arm soon.

Candy said...

In tears for you...every minute away feels like years...I know

HUGSSSSSS

Janet said...

Oh, so heartbreaking! I wish there was something to say. I'm praying...