Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Greetings from HONG KONG

After 2 days of flying we have finally made it to Hong Kong. We will board our last plane in about 30 minutes and arrive in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. It is Thursday here so in just 3 days I will meet my son for the first time.
I just want to praise Him for giving us Zane.
I have to admit that I have never been so exhausted in my whole life.
Both flights were filled to capacity and very cramped. The flight from San Francisco to Hong Kong was the longest 15 1/2 hours I have ever endured, but every time I tried to think of my aching back and hips I just reminded myself of what's at the end of this journey. Zane Alexander Duoc Blackwell, praise the Lord.
I also learned that Chloe is a much better traveler than her Mommy. The 6 hour flight from Charlotte to San Francisco she worked puzzles and colored the whole time.
She slept during the entire layover and then the 15 1/2 hour flight from San Francisco to Hong Kong she rotated between sleeping and watching movies. I on the other hand have only had about 1 1/2 hours sleep since Monday night when I slept about 3 hours. I think I am too excited about just how close we are to having Zane, 3 more days, wow.
Please continue to keep us in your prayers and please remember my friends the Myers.
We had planned our pick up trips together and I will never understand why they aren't with us now, but have to trust God to have a much better plan. I am praying they are traveling by the time we get Zane home. Also remember a sweet boy, D who should have been home a long time ago, but is still there. We thought we would definitely be traveling with his family and just found out last week that we were traveling alone. Please pray God brings D home soon.
My next post will be from HCMC. PRAISE THE LORD!

9 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Praise God! I am so happy to hear you are almost there! I am glad you have had safe travels so far!
Only a few more days and then you will meet your sweet baby boy! Can't wait to see pictures. Tell Chloe Sara Ava said "Hi" and we can't wait to meet her baby brother!

Brooke and Chris said...

WOOHOO!!!!! So glad to hear from you all. I already miss talking to you. Don't disappear from my life when you come home! We are praying for you

Kristi said...

WOW, what a trooper Chloe is..Thank you for posting. I having been praying for all of you and will continue to do so until Zane is home in his bed... Can't wait to see pictures.

Kristi

Joe Young said...

We have been waiting on this. I have be anxiously checking. Make sure you rest up when you get to the hotel. We love you guys and tell Chloe that Abigail says she is very brave to fly. Our prayers are with all of you.

April said...

I miss my best friend...boo hoo!! Thanks for emailing me from Hong Kong, I am soooo glad you all made it, and look at Chloe the world traveler...what a sweetie pie she is!!! Now, get some rest and know John and I are praying for you all and can't wait to hear from you, thanks for the email from HCMC, and I hope you get cooled off as well, talk to you soon...miss you!!!

Katy said...

Oh my, how very exciting!!! Exhausting, but exciting..You are all in my prayers. To God be the glory...your baby boy is coming home!

Laurie said...

I am so excited for you! I can't wait to see all of you together! Blessing to you all!

Mom2Bs said...

Praise the Lord, you are about there!! I am SO excited for you all! Praying that all will go smoothly, and than hold that boy and give some lovin!! God Bless!
Can't wait to see some pictues!!!

Candy said...

SO happy to see your update...I can't wait to see you WITH ZANE