Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Musings.................................

Today is Thursday, November 6th here in Vietnam. We are still here in Vi Thanh awaiting our G & R Ceremony. It is 6:30 am and like always I have been up since about 3 am. I am thinking I'll probably get use to this time zone right before it is time for us to leave for home. The nurses have invited us for lunch today so I am hoping that is a good sign and means we are getting nearer to having our G & R Ceremony. One can only hope and pray.
Our time here at the baby home has been life changing. There are so many little things at home that we will not take for granted again. Air conditioning and a kitchen just to name a couple.
The nurses at the baby home take excellent care of the children. They change their clothes 3 times a day whether they look like they need it or not. I guess because of the heat and the babies get so sweaty. They spend their entire day, feeding them, changing them, changing their clothes, washing their clothes, and cleaning. It is a cycle that is repeated all day long.
I am having some issues with one particular nurse that without going into details, I would just appreciate that you would pray about. God knows what's happening and the only one it is affecting is Zane. So your prayers would be greatly appreciated.
Please continue to pray that our G & R happens today, if not I am afraid it will be next week. Nothing usually happens on Friday and we will just be stuck here for the weekend with no power on Saturday and no visits with Zane if our facilitator chooses to go back to HCMC for the weekend. If we do not have our G & R until next week then we will not make our scheduled departure date for Thursday, Nov. 13th. Daniel really needs to get home to Papa Jim whose health continues to decline.
Even with all these prayer requests, I would like to praise our Lord and Savior for giving us Zane. He is so sweet and such a baby. Daniel keeps saying, "well you wanted a baby, now you got one." He loves to be cuddled up close to you and I love to be the cuddler. He sucks his thumb when he is tired and going to sleep or when he is upset. All the babies have a towel in their cribs that they sleep with and it is a precious site to see Zane sucking his left thumb and rubbing his worn out towel with his right hand. He is such a beautiful child and I don't think it will truly feel real until we touch down in Charlotte and get in the truck to head home.
Oh what a happy homecoming it will be for him to meet his older brother; Brent, his sisters Kyleigh & Kaitlyn, his brother in law; Matt and Meghan.
I cry everytime I think about seeing all of my children together............

1 comment:

Joe Young said...

I detect your pain. Uncertain of what is going on I will say a special prayer tonight for each one of you. Your trip has energized so many. Our whole family checks this site and we read and focus on the photos over and over. 10 years ago would you have ever imagined all these journeys. Our children are blessings. Yes, there are challenges, bumps and bruises along the path but in the end, when that hand reaches for yours or yells Mom you know all was ment to be. I cry with tears of joy for your family tonight and eagerly await your return.