Saturday, November 1, 2008

Closer....Closer...Closer.....................

SATURDAY,NOVEMBER 1, 2008

Our facilitator picked us up this morning at 8:45 and we were on the road to Can Tho by 9 am leaving HCMC behind. The sites on this journey will be etched in my mind forever. Mere words can never fully describe the scenes that were before us, you will have to study the pictures instead.
Our facilitator is a quite man, very quite. He seems to have a gentle spirit with a kind smile and very proud of the children in his care. As soon as we got in the van to leave HCMC he hands me the most beautiful picture I have ever seen of Zane. He was sitting in the floor with his legs crossed in an outfit I had sent him last year and the sweetest grin on his face. It was almost as if in that picture he was saying, "Come on Mommy, I am waiting for you." With tears in my eyes I thanked him and said "he is a handsome boy". He just smiled and said, "he is strong, you will be very proud of him, he is strong boy." And he just shook his head yes and smiled. A few minutes later he pulls out a small picture of Zane and said, "this is one of his passport/visa pictures, I saved you one." Again, I am just humbled at the gesture.
It is starting to feel real. After 1 1/2 years on this journey it is starting to become a reality for me and I am so blessed. So grateful and so humbled that God has once again chosen Daniel and I to parent a beautiful,sweet child from a 3rd world country, that hopefully will never know poverty again. Will never know lonliness or hunger ever again. Only love, our love, but most importantly God's love.
As we waited for the ferry to bring us to Can Tho our facilitator bought fresh hot sweet corn from one of the street vendors and peeled the first peice and handed it to Chloe with a smile on his face. The corn was delicous and the best I had ever eaten. After about 45 minutes we leave the ferry and within a few minutes we are in Can Tho and he brings us to the Kim Tho Hotel. Another beautiful hotel and it is on the water. We arrived here at 2 pm. He is picking us up tomorrow morning at 7:30 am and take us to the floating market, from there we go to the baby home, Zane's home and I can hardly wait.
I would like to thank our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for his many blessings, especially my 5 children and son in law; Kyleigh, Matt, Brent, Kaitlyn, Chloe, and now Zane. I would like to thank all of our friends and family that have supported us with all their heart, soul, and mind and I would like to thank my sweet, sweet husband that is always obedient to God's calling even when it looks impossible.
We are one step closer to Zane, PRAISE THE LORD!
Until Tomorrow...............

4 comments:

Kristin said...

PRAISE THE LORD!!! I can hardly believe it for you! What an awesome God we serve!

The pictures are priceless! What an amazing photographer you've taken along with you:)!

Now hurry and get that baby, so we can see him, too!

April said...

Just rejoicing with you today from the other side of the world...The Lord put us together and now you have become one of my closest friends, we just pray for you all as the next hours unfold and you meet Zane for the 1st time, I can't wait...

Mary Ann said...

Praise God Teresa!
I love all the pictures and thank you for sharing your journey with us. I feel like I am on this journey with you all!

Kristi said...

What a wonderful Journey God has led you on. The pictures are just amazing. Thank you for sharing them. I truely love seeing everything that you are experiencing. Can not wait to see you holding that sweet little boy..

Krisit