Sunday, August 12, 2007

How can something so right.....Feel so wrong?

Why is the journey to bring these precious babies home so difficult? What good can possibly come out of these children still being in 3rd world countries amongst so much poverty when they have loving families here waiting on them? I have asked myself these questions over and over a thousand times over. I don't know. I only know that God is and always has been in control. He has a plan for our lives and it is not for us to know the answers, just to know that HE IS GOD. That one was really hard for me while waiting on Chloe, I thought what was best was for her to be home where we could love her, nurture her, raise her in a Christian home, teach her of God's love. But yet for 14 1/2 mos. God chose to keep her in Guatemala. I must admit that the overwhelming heartache was so consuming at times that I felt that I would drown.
I would even remind Him that He said He would give us the desire of our heart, but yet my baby was still in Guatemala. I wasn't remembering that He gives us the desires of our heart when what we want is His will. He wants our all. He wants us to be 100% dependant on Him and trust Him without any strings attached. He wants us to know and believe that "He will make a way when there seems to be no way."
Now I must ask all that is reading this blog to please pray for some of my friends.
Other sisters in Christ that need a miracle from our Heavenly Father.
D, whose children will celebrate their birthdays tomorrow still in Guatemala. She started their adoption process when they were 7 & 5 and tomorrow R will be 10 and J will be 8, yes you read it right, D has been trying to get her children home for over 3 years now and for now God has chosen to keep them there for just a bit longer.
I tear up everytime I think about this dear friend of mine. Even though her heart is breaking the closer tomorrow draws near, she chooses to continue to praise our Lord & Savior. She has chosen to "Be Still because she knows that He is God". I admire her and know that I am a better person today because of her friendship in my life.
W, is another friend that needs God to perform a miracle and bring her son home.
Accepting his referral at birth he is already over 2 years old. She too continues to trust our Lord to bring her son home. Often times weary and oh so tired of the constant battle, she feeds on God's word and His promises and she finds peace.
K, whose son M is still in Guatemala and he is already over 3 years old. He has some health problems that need attention to but needs to be here in the USA to get the treatment he needs. My prayer is peace for K, my prayer for her is that she feels the very presence of the Lord wrapping his arms around her and comforting her broken heart.
Lastly there is my friend E and her daughter A. I met her when we were both going through the adoption of our daughters and we laugh now because at times we actually worried that we were adopting the same baby girls. Our stories were so similar that we didn't think there could possibly be 2 different situations, but there were and praise the Lord we brought our daughters home within a couple of weeks of each other.
Soon after bringing this beautiful baby girl home they realized she was going to need surgery because of hip dysplasia (sp?) thus, beginning the never ending surgeries, body casts, and braces that A has had to endure in her short little life.
Please pray for both of them. That they too feel God's presence and that He comforts them in only a way that He can. Please pray that if it is His will that He heals her so that she can run and jump and get into all the mischief other 2 year olds do.
Thank you so much for lifting these up in prayer!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

"I wasn't remembering that He gives us the desires of our heart when what we want is His will. He wants our all. He wants us to be 100% dependant on Him and trust Him without any strings attached. He wants us to know and believe that "He will make a way when there seems to be no way.""

Amen. Love you Teresa.
d