Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Faith

On my way to work this morning I heard the words to a song that touched me in such a way that I have been hearing it in my head all morning. The song went something like this "If I touch the hem of His garment I will be made whole, if I press through this madness love will fill my soul", all I can say is WOW! What Faith!
Isn't that how we should be? Our Guatemalan adoption was so extremely difficult. The road was so very long and there were so many times even I wondered if Chloe would ever come home. I never quite understood why God was allowing all these other babies to come home and not her. Every Sunday morning and Sunday night I would go to the altar and lay her at His feet and I would tell Him that I was giving her to Him, but was I really? If I had, would I have been getting on the computer every Monday morning checking emails and forums and all the other stuff I did to try and find out ways to get her home. No, I would not have. No, I was not completely trusting Him. I was trying to take matters into my own hands, and she wasn't coming home either. It wasn't until I was completely broken and I became totally and completely submissive to Him, did I see things happen with our case. He sent us an angel that paved the way for this precious child to come home to us. Even though I was so unworthy, because of His mercy and His grace He choose to bring her home.
His timing was not our timing, His timing was perfect. All those times I didn't undertand, He knew all along.......He knew all along.
I am trusting Him now, I know it is the only way. I am trusting Him completely that He is going to provide the means to bring our child home, I know that He has already handpicked our child. I have given our Vietnam process completely over to him, from the finances to the homecoming, I know He is going to provide. It's what He expects of us, isn't it? Just by touching the hem of His garment, I will be made whole!!!!
Praise The Lord!

1 comment:

Mala said...

Thanks for the blessing of this post; sounds just like the lesson we had this Tuesday in Bible Study on the woman who anointed Jesus with perfume and kissed his feet. To you know that during this entire event that this woman never says one word.......she comes in the back door slips past everyone and she approaches Jesus from behind; remember he was lounging around the supper table with his legs probably behind him; the scripture says she walked up behind him and cried tears on his feet so touched was she to be that close to such a one as he; she then falls at his feet weeping and kissing his feet; reaches for her most expensive possession and pours it over her saviors feet and twice pours it on his head; Luke is the only one that records this event in this way; the others are more worried about the waste of the perfume; but not Luke; he understood! And what is Jesus reply to this woman; he tells her that her sins are forgiven and for her to go in PEACE!!! She never says one word; she does not ask for forgiveness she does not ask for salvation; but yet she receives both!!! Why??? Because of her worship; her actions revealed all!!!! True Worship required no words at all!!!!! BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD!!!

I love you girl, ME