Monday, April 7, 2008

TODAY is CHLOE'S DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dia Del Milagro (Day Of Miracle) was 2 years ago today. Two years ago today Maria del Carmen placed Chloe in my arms for the last time, for forever.
It seems like yesterday. Chloe was such a tiny thing, filled with so much grief and heartache that it made me cry just thinking about all she had lost. Many times during those first few weeks I would ask the Lord over and over again to comfort my baby and to heal her broken heart in only a way that He could. Not only did He do that but the tranformation in Chloe was nothing short of a miracle. Every day she grew to love us more & more and it wasn't long until it was hard for us to beleive that she hadn't been with us her whole little life. That's when we knew without a doubt that God's timing was perfect and He knew exactly when she should come home. Chloe has impacted our lives in such a way that we will never be the same again, in fact she has impacted our lives in such a way that when we felt God's leading to adopt again we started our Vietnam adoption. Once again bringing home an older baby, and just hoping & praying Zane does half as good as Chloe did with his adjustments & bonding.

How did we go from Dia Del Milagro to Chloe's Day, well it's like this, I called her this morning before she left for school and told her when I picked her up we were going to Bruster's to get her an ice cream cake to celebrate her being home 2 years today. She said she wanted to go to Fuji's (Fuji Express), I told her I was going to cook meatloaf, potatoes, macaroni cheese, green beans & biscuits and we would have cake for dessert, just the family. She said I don't like meatloaf, I like Fuji, I told we would go to Fuji another night, she said "BUT IT'S CHLOE'S DAY". Well that got me to thinking, I'll never learn to say Day of Miracle in Vietnamese so we might as well start now calling our anniversaries with our children, Chloe's Day & Zane's Day. You wanna take one guess as to what we had for dinner?

Thanks for sharing today with us. Here are pictures of Chloe with Kyleigh, Brent & his girlfriend Meghan, and Kaitlyn. Kyleigh's husband,Matthew couldn't be with us tonight and Zane is still in Vietnam.
Love,
Teresa

2 comments:

One Busy Momma said...

Happy Chloe's Day!!!!!!
She's absolutly beautiful!!!!!

The Chef said...

Hope you all had a wonderful day, especially you, Chloe!!