Wednesday, February 20, 2008

You Have To Step Out Of The Boat.........

To walk on water.............
When we finally figured out that God was calling us to adopt internationally again I must admit we were a bit apprehensive. All those old doubts & fears tried to surface remembering our Guatemalan journey and then I looked down at my beautiful daughter and knew she was worth every tear shed and every sleepless night, she was worth oh so much more and I was so unworthy. God had given me the greatest gift possible and I didn't deserve her. Was I willing to do it again? ABSOLUTELY! Could I trust Him to bring our child home? WITHOUT A DOUBT!
That is the day we took hold of God's hand praising Him and stepped out of the boat.
Our Vietnam journey has been an amazing leap of faith. God has made Himself evident in so many ways that I am just awed at His marvelous grace. From the processing of our paperwork to the financing of this adoption. God has been in every aspect of it.
Not having the money was our biggest fear in the beginning but it is no longer a worry for me. We applied for many many grants and have been turned down by all of them but 2. I must admit I was a bit disappointed but felt the Holy Spirit telling me to Trust Him. My dear friend Kristin came up with the idea of making little girl hair bows and selling them. I am excited to say that we have sold over $600 worth of hair bows. Little girl hair bows are helping us bring our son home, how amazing is that. I have also sent my final copy of our cook book to the publishers and we should have them back in the next few weeks. We are trusting God to bless this fundraiser too. Instead of worrying about where the money is going to come from I am anxiously waiting to see just what else God is going to do in order to bring Zane home. I just praise Him! There's more good news! In the last few days we have found out that we are being awarded those other 2 grants. PRAISE THE LORD! One is for $3,000 and the other one is for $1,000. God is so good. We now have our adoption fees paid down to $4,350.00 and our travel. I realize that the travel is going to cost double what we owe our agency but I also know that it is nothing to God. He is whom makes the impossible possible and He is showing me every day.
I am truly honored that he choose us to walk this journey with Him. I am truly blessed that I have a beautiful son in Vietnam that is waiting on me. I have to say it again, God is so good!

No comments: