Saturday, February 9, 2008

Our Valentine's Baby....................

I remember Valentine's Day 2005 all too well. Daniel had insisted on taking me on our traditional Valentine's Date of dinner at Lone Horn. I didn't want to go, my heart was so broken all I wanted to do was go to bed, put my head under the covers and sleep forever. It had only been a few weeks before that we had lost our 1st referral. A beautiful baby girl that we thought was to be our daughter. She was almost 4 mos. old when her birth mother changed her mind and being devastated was an understatement. We were in mourning. He insisted on us going and it is hard to tell my wonderfull husband & best friend no so I gave in.
It was as though it was yesterday, I was sitting there and just broke down and started crying like a baby. I told him all I wanted was my baby, just my baby.
Boy was that insensitive of me. He was hurting just as badly as I was, and all I could think about was me.
I had no idea that at that very moment, yes the exact moment that I was sitting in that restuarant pouring my heart out to my sweet husband, pouring my heart out to God, He was answering my prayer. For you see at that very moment Maria Fernanda was coming into this world all 8 pounds of her.
M called me 4 days later and said "I have pictures of a beautiful baby girl that was born on Valentine's Day and I would like to send you pictures." Valentine's Day?
I knew without looking at the 1st picture that she was our daughter. I called Daniel and told him to get to school immediately if he wanted to see his daughter for the 1st time with me and if he didn't hurry I was opening that email without him.
We opened that email and there in front of me was the fattest newborn I had ever seen. My older kids laugh now because the 1st few months of her life they had her nick named "Sumoo". Looking at those pictures I felt the very presence of the Lord.
I had a warm feeling come over me from the top of my head all the way to the souls of my feet, just like a soothing balm healing a broken heart. Chloe Faith Maria was born in our hearts on that day, February 18, 2005. Chosen By GOD To Be Chosen By Us!

No comments: