Friday, January 4, 2008

Pondering.................

With all the excitement of talking to Kristin back in forth the last couple of days about all the hairbows she has graciously volunteered to make for us, I have reflected over the last few years and pondered.
During our over 2 year wait to bring Chloe home Daniel was always reminding me "we don't see the big picture like God does."
Since coming home with Chloe I have had a few glimpses of that "Big Picture".
1) I am a better person today because of what we went through with our 1st adoption. During that time God did alot of "refining" of me and for that I am eternally grateful. I think it has made me more of a Godly wife & mother because of it.
2) I now realize that God has a plan for our lives & we have to trust Him, not with just bits & pieces or parts of it, but with everything we have.
3) I wouldn't have the friends I do now, Christian friends that I can call on no matter what the need is. Not just for hairbows but for prayer & encouragement.
I wouldn't know these precious women today if it wasn't for that journey. For that I can honestly say it was worth every tear shed & every ounce of disappointment & discouragement. It was all worth it.
I must admit that I am in awe at how Kristin has taken this initiative to raise funds to help bring Zane home, & someone esle that has asked several to buy 1 bow each so that I can send them all to a mutual friend that is bringing her daughter home as a suprise to her. Someone else said they didn't need a hairbow but would give a donation, could they give a donation? ABSOLUTELY! Wendy who is going to help me sell the cook books if I ever get them typed up, and so many that have sent recipes. God is truly amazing and He works in amazing ways! I just thank Him for that. I also want to praise Him because the 7 smocked dresses that I put on ebay, every one of them sold. That is $168.39 going into our fund. GOD IS SO GOOD! PLEASE PRAISE HIM WITH ME!!!!!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Amen Teresa! I ask Him everyday, why me? Why was I so blessed to bring Bella home at 4 months you you went thru all you did to bring Chloe home? There isn't a day go by I don't shed a tiny tear or have a lump in my throat for how blessed I am.

Kathy said...

Great news on the ebay sales!