Wednesday, September 26, 2007

We Don't See The Big Picture Like God Does

Even though Chloe has been home now longer than we waited for her, I still get asked all the time "How did you do it?" "How did you get through such a difficult time?"
Every time I get asked this, I think I get a small glimpse of that "Big Picture" Daniel was always talking about while we were waiting on Chloe. Yes,at the time I certainly did not understand why He wasn't bringing Chloe home when we wanted her home. I would even selfishly remind Him that He was suppose to be giving us the desires of our heart. He didn't need reminding, He knew all along His plan for our family. He wasn't going to bring her home one day sooner than she was suppose to and I am ashamed to say, I just didn't understand that until after He brought her home.
Would people be asking me "How did I do it" if our journey had of been short, sweet, and smoothe? Absolutely not! But because we did have such a long and difficult journey I am able to share God's love with others. For you see, no matter how low and discouraged and dissapointed I was, He was always there with me. He was faithful even though I was not. He was always there spreading His arms around me and loving me no matter how unworthy I was. Without God I could not have made it, without God I would not have made it. Because of that journey I am able to tell others with all the sincerity that I have in my heart that God is all knowing, that He is love and that He is our comforter, and because He is God if we put our trust in Him He will fulfill His plan for our lives. Praise The Lord He owns the BIG PICTURE!