Thursday, September 13, 2007

Thank You Lord - Another Friend OUT of PGN

I am just praising the Lord today because my friend K got out of pgn today. Her daughter R just turned 1 in August and it has been a long road for them.
God is so good and we are now praying that he brings R home very soon.

I met K a couple of years ago when she had used our agency previously when adopting her precious little boy. My agency had given me her number to call and talk to her about going on a visit trip to see Chloe. K had fostered her son for a few months before bringing him home, from that very first phone call we were fast friends.
She was living in Germany at the time but it didn't matter we still called each other and emailed each other often. It's really quite interesting to think that even though we were going through one of the hardest times of our lives, God so graciously brought so many people into our lives that because of it we will have life long friendships. I remember many of days crying on the phone with K (in Germany) questioning would we ever bring Chloe home. She would just sit there on the other end of the phone and listen and she was always praying for us. She celebrated with us when we finally brought Chloe home. Just a couple of days after that she sent her a welcome home gift from her and R, it was a beautiful outfit with matching shoes and a hat, and I will never forget the card that was with it.
It was from her son and it was congratulating Chloe for making it home to the United States and it talked about how we had been waiting and praying for her for so long.
I have that same card in Chloe's treasure box. And that's where R's story begins, K started talking about Chloe's curly hair all the time and the hairbows and I just knew it was just a matter of time before K would be adopting again. I wasn't surprised at all when she told me that they were starting the process again.
R's adoption has taken longer than her older brother's but it is finally almost over and it is just a matter of weeks and she will be reunited with her precious Godly family and we are rejoicing. Thank you Lord for this blessing!

No comments: