Friday, June 22, 2007

That Crazy Little Thing Called "Paperchasing"

I must admit I am really dreading gathering those documents. It seems like for an international adoption there is a ton of them. Plus with Vietnam you have to have a current physical and blood work done. You have to be tested for Aids, Hep, and VD, Daniel is not to happy about that, he hates needles!
This is where we are at with our paperchase so far:
Signed with Agency - June 7, 2007
Mailed I600A Application - June 8,2007
Agency Registration Packet - June 20,2007

We are waiting on our letter telling us when we can go to Charleston for our fingerprint appointments. We did take Chloe to get her US Passport but I don't think it did any good. I had all her paperwork, and kept asking both ladies didn't they need her adoption decrees and both ladies said no. All they took was her new bc and nothing else. Got real paranoid about it and called the Passport office and the lady said yes we would get a rejection letter requesting the original documents.
Wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't asked the ladies 3 or 4 times didn't they need those documents. Just my luck!!!!!!! Oh well, I keep reminding myself there is a reason for everything!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: