Thursday, June 21, 2007

Thank God For WONDERFUL FRIENDS!!!!!!!!

I am grateful to have met so many wonderful friends during our Guatemalan adoption, life long friends that because of the miracle of adoption we will have a special bond. Some of those that come to mind are; Dawn who has adopted precious Emilee from Guatemala that just happened to turn 4 on her Auntie Teresa's birthday, and is still waiting on Ronaldo & Julia to come home from Guatemala while in the process of adopting Jack from Haiti. This woman has more faith than anyone I know and even during her darkest hours she is always praising our Savior. Dawn, if you ever read this blog, "You Are My Hero". Wendy, who also is in the process of a Guatemalan adoption that has actually been a nightmare from the very beginning but yet she too, illustrates every single day of her life what it means to be faithful and obedient and keeps waiting for the Lord to bring her precious son home. She has opened up her heart to a little girl named Chloe even though at times it must be so painful because it is a reminder of what she is missing out on. Still she keeps praying and believing. Deanna, who I am not sure how there are even words to describe this girl. She too adopted her daughter from Guatemala while I was waiting on Chloe to come home, she is now embarking on a journey to Ethiopia to adopt a sibling group and who is probably the one that gave me the courage to adopt again.
Deanna, who pushed me into visiting Chloe for the 1st time and I wouldn't trade that visit for all the memories in the world. Deanna, who has to live the most exciting life I have even heard, but yet makes time for her friends, and who is always in prayer asking God's guidance on her life and all those around her. Kristin who has a son from Guatemala (Chloe's future husband) and now waiting on pink for her beautiful daugther. She reached out to me during that oh so long wait for Chloe all the way from Germany. Another prayer warrior! Ali, who I know I can call on at anytime and she will always be there to pray for whatever the need might be, Julie, who's daugther is Chloe's best friend from Guatemala and who even though is going through one of the most difficult times of their lives, still wants to know about our Vietnam journey. Carol, there are no words to describe what this woman means to me, nor what she has done for us, no doubt Chloe would still not be home without this woman. Then there is Summer, Katie, Sophia, Kim, Betty, Paula and Lara that I have truly been blessed with their friendship in my life because of adoption.
So many more that I know I am forgetting and for that I apologize. Please take the time to pray for all these that are waiting for their children to come home, please pray for all these that like me starting the process of international adoption once again. Please pray!!!!!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Wow...I am speechless and in tears...thank-you my dear friend...YOU are precious...
dawnz