Saturday, June 23, 2007

Brent........My Son


When I think about Brent I want to tear up. My son the man, my son the boy.
From the very first day that we brought Chloe home she attached herself to her big brother. I can remember her taking a 3 hour nap on his belly that first day home.
They have been inseperable every since. This 18 year old that puts her in the jeep and takes her to Zaxby's or Chick Fil A, just the two of them. The big brother that is planning on paying about 150 bucks to get a custom car seat for his 69 Camaro.
The big brother that had to get a father's day present when we was shopping for her daddy because she thought Brent had to have a gift too. My son that came to me late one night and laid at the foot of my bed and said, "Mom we have got to adopt again, we just have too." Not knowing that at that very minute when he walked into my room I was praying about adopting from Vietnam. I shared with him that night my desires and my fears and concerns about money and he said "we are going to do it, let's go talk to dad." Chloe & I love you Brent!

1 comment:

Katie said...

That is sooooo sweet -- thanks for sharing !!!