Thursday, June 21, 2007

My Early Birthday Present!

On June 18th I was turning 42. Only June 7th I get home from work and Chloe is handing me a birthday present. I dont' think anything about it because I knew Daniel was leaving the next week to take a group of young people to camp. I opened up the gift and it is the most beautiful baby boy vietnamese outfit I have ever seen and the receipt where he had already paid the intitial fee to our old agency. With tears in his eyes he said, "I have known for a while now but was trying to hold off until your birthday". I said, how? He said, I was up late one night waiting for Brent to come home and praying about adopting from Vietnam. He said, I told the Lord, "I just didn't know, I knew we couldn't afford it and I was afraid it would not be the same as adopting Chloe". He said I told the Lord "I don't know if I can love another one like Chloe, I just don't know". He said at that very moment the Lord spoke to me very clearly and unmistakeably and said, "I did it one time, don't you think I can do it again?"
That's how he knew!!!!!!!!

No comments: