Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Calling Home to GUATEMALA...........

Sunday night we called our foster family, we usually do call and talk to them about every couple of months. We feel so blessed to be a part of their family and we want them always to know how much Chloe is loved and how well she is doing here.
So Sunday night I asked her did she want to call home to Guatemala and she said "yes mommy I need to tell Nan a story about dinosaurs". Well Mammie & Poppy do not speak any english but Nan; Chloe's foster sister speaks it well enough that I can understand her and she understands us as long as we don't talk way to fast. Usually we call on Mondays and she knows to answer the phone, well by us calling a day ahead she did not answer the phone and poppy answered instead. I kept saying "Hola, Nan" because I can't speak spanish and he started yelling "Rapido Nan, Rapido Nan it's mother Teresa, it's mother Teresa". My heart just melted. The love I have for this family runs deep to the very core of my soul.
Nan got on the phone and for 15 minutes, she told me how much they loved us, how much they missed us, they wait on our calls every day, they pray for God's blessings on our family every day and to give Chloe Faith hugs & kisses. Chloe Faith is very smart & very beautiful and they love the pictures I send them of Chloe Faith. She also tells me how I am her other mother and she loves me just like her mother.
Again, my heart just melts because I know she means every single word of what she is telling me.
I put Chloe on the phone and Chloe tells her she loves them and she misses them and she says all her abc's for her, then she counts to 20 for her in english and 15 in espanol, then she starts telling her a story she has made up about dinosaurs. Well by this time I am getting the phone away from her because I know a dinosaur story would lose Nan. We end the call with more promises to call, more promises for pictures and that Chloe would speak to them again on Christmas Day.
Blessed doesn't even come close to how I feel regarding this wonderful very special relationship with our foster family. Mammie told me when we visited Chloe over 2 years ago, and she was handing me the most beautiful wall tapestries of Guatemala, "hang this in your home and everytime you see it you will remember that your family and my family are one family". She is absolutely right, I am reminded every single day that we are a part of their family and they are a part of ours, one family. PRAISE THE LORD FOR HIS BLESSINGS!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

OMG I have tears in my eyes! I so wish I could call Bella's foster family, but I have to depend on Carol to take letters and photos. What a blessing! Merry Christmas to you all.

Our Family... said...

Teresa, I am sitting here w/ tears in my eyes too! I understand every word of what you have written here. The connection that you have with their birthfamilies is special beyond words. Sending you lots of love and prayers, Shari