Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day 2009

Memorial Day was very low key here today. I had my parents and Kyleigh & Matt over and we had hash, barbeque, hotdogs, bake beans, chips, desserts.
We decided to eat inside because they kept calling for severe thunderstorms this afternoon, well seems we could have ate outside because the storms didn't come to after we were finished with dinner.
I don't have any pics of the kids because Zane hates his picture made & by the time I cooked all that food I was too tired to try and coax him into letting me take any.
He has been suffering from a sinus infection this weekend and back on breathing treatments every 3 hours so I let him pass this time!

Sitting across from Matt I couldn't help thinking about the 18 months he spent in Afghanistan a couple of years ago. I pray that he isn't deployed again but know that he very well could be. I also pray for all the families that have lost love ones in war.

No comments: