Wednesday, October 7, 2009

First Week Of Home Pre School & A Fall Scavanger Hunt!

It was the end of October last year that we took Chloe out of preschool/daycare for her to go to Vietnam for 3 weeks with us to bring home her baby brother. It is so hard to believe that Zane will be home a year next month. After much prayer and many talks between Daniel and I we decided that it would be best for Zane for me to stay home with them. This was new terriotory for me because I had been working since I was 15 years old and even though I took maternity leaves with my children, staying home with Chloe the first four months she was home was the longest I had ever been able to stay with them. We just knew in our hearts that Zane was not ready after only 6 weeks of being home for a daycare setting. Chloe did fine but she was in a very loving foster home where she was doted on. Even though the nannies loved Zane very much the baby home was still a small orphanage and he just wasn't ready for anything that reminded him of that same enviroment. He was also so small at only weighing a little of 12 pounds. Happy to say 11 months later he is a whopping 25 pounds. The cost of daycare for both of them was going to be my entire check too so that made my decision to stay home that much easier.
I have absolutely loved every single day of being home with my children. I appreciate God giving me this opportunity so much that I am thanking Him every day for allowing me to do this and for PROVIDING FOR US without an income from me.
As great as being home is, I have noticed the last couple of weeks Chloe mentioning she misses her friends at school. Most all of her friends at church are going to either 4k or 5k and she misses that.
So Daniel and I talked and we came up with an alternative for Chloe. I am going to do 2 hours a day 4 days a week of pre school here at home for her. We started on Monday and she absolutely loves it and Zane is having a ball too. Our 2 hours are spent with her working in a workbook, a writing lesson, story time, puzzles, coloring pages and bible story lesson. We are also doing a unit on Fall for the month of October. Yesterday we made a delicious apple pecan cobbler and today they went on a Fall Scavanger Hunt outside and collected all the things they thought pertained to it being Fall.
Chloe is happy, Zane is having a great time and Mommy is BLESSED!!!!!!!!!!!!




No comments: