Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Has It Really Been 3 Years? Happy Chloe's Day!

Has it really been 3 years since Maria del Carmen tearfully placed Chloe in my arms forever?
Mammy & Poppy was crying, Daniel and I were crying and Chloe was crying. Sudi was saying she was tired because she had just ridden 3 chicken buses to get to us and Poppy kept saying, "It's you mommy, nina, you love you mommy, it's you mommy".
My heart broke for this beautiful baby girl because I knew that somehow someway she knew she was leaving the only family she had ever known and she loved them because they first loved her.
We are so blessed that after 3 years our foster family is still very much a part of our lives. As mammy reminds us every time we call them, "we are one family". They cry everytime they hear Chloe Faith Maria's voice and they tell her over and over again how much they love and miss her and can't wait for us to visit them again.
We took Chloe today to Bronco's Mexican Restuarant for dinner and the waiters brought out her a fried ice cream for dessert. My little nina was beautiful sitting there in her Guatemalan dress that we had given her for her special day. As happy as I was to be able to celebrate today with our precious daughter I have thought often today of Chloe's birthmother, our wonderful foster family, and Chloe's special godmother Carol and I am so grateful for their part in Chloe's life.
Praising Our Savior!
Teresa

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Hey!!!! That is really cool!

Katy said...

Congratulations on your "gotcha" day!! Your kids are so beautiful and happy....love the new photos! Thank you also for your words of encouragment and prayers....lately it has been HARD, but you are right...God will bring her HOME despite Satan's efforts.

April said...

Too cute!!! I love Zane's sweet face and Chloe's sweet face and beautiful curls...looks like a great time, and loved the family picture of you all!!! yes, show my future son-in-law Maribel's pic too, loved his pics you emailed..okay off to lunch and I will call you soon!!