Wednesday, April 29, 2009

April 21st Married 25 Years...................

I know I am a week late in posting our 25th Wedding Anniversary but I am thinking it's better to be late than never.
On April 21st I was married to my bestfriend and soulmate for 25 years. Part of me can't believe that it has already been 25 years and then again I really can't remember a time that Daniel wasn't in my life. We had attended the same church our entire lives so it just seemed natural when we actually started dating.
I think back on the last 25 years and I am amazed at all that God has done. He has given me a Godly husband who is a wonderful father, 5 beautiful children, a son in law that I love like my very own son and Meghan whom I hope one day to be my daughter in law because I also love her as if she was my own child.
If you would have told me even 8 years ago that I would be the mother of 5 children I wouldn't have believed you. Nor would I have believed that we would travel to both Guatemala and Vietnam to bring home our youngest two.
I am so grateful that God put in my heart the burden to adopt and I am so grateful that He also opened Daniel's eyes and heart to adopt.
What would our lives be without Chloe and Zane? Missing! Our family would be missing out on the blessing that they are. We would be missing out on God's blessings. At times I think of how unworthy we are to parent our children and I am reminded that it is only because of HIS MERCY, GRACE, and LOVE that He entrusts HIS CHILDREN WITH US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

April said...

Praise the Lord, for you having Daniel and your sweet and beautiful children..God is good!!! Love ya!!!