Friday, January 2, 2009

Two Months Ago Today......

I held our precious son for the first time.
My good friend Lara had tried to prepare me for his size by telling me often that "he is tiny and such a cuddly baby".
But no matter how many times she told me that I wasn't prepared.
We walked into that baby home around 11:30 am that day and I remember the heat hitting me in the face.
The humidity was so bad my cameras lens immediately fogged up and i immediately spotted our son across the small room being held by one of his nannies.
At first look my chest started getting tight, he was so small and so sad.
His nanny handed him to me and tried to explain through Thuoc that he had been sick wasn't feeling good but he was really a strong and happy boy.
I just remember tiny and sad.
He wasn't happy with me cuddling him but he did allow it and every time he looked at his daddy he screamed.
I remember tiny, sad, and beautiful. The most beautiful little boy I had ever seen. At that moment I knew God knew exactly what He was doing when He had Jen to call me that day all those months ago and tell us about a baby boy referral that she wasn't sure we would want because of his age.
God knew as well as Jen knew that he was our son.
Fast forward two months....................
Zane is a whopping 17 pounder that is nothing but "all boy". Gaining more than 5 pounds since being home.
He is so excited about life that he doesn't know how to walk, he runs non stop. He loves his daddy and insists on being his daddy's tv remote keeper.
He follows his big brother around like a puppy dog, cries to go bye-bye with his big sister Kyleigh, and fights with Chloe just like brother and sisters are suppose too, except for he always expects Kaitlyn to come to his rescue.
He is a "Momma's Boy" and thinks his Papa McConnell hung the moon.
Zane is an amazing boy and our life just wouldn't be complete without him.
PRAISE THE LORD!
Teresa

No comments: