Thursday, November 22, 2007

What Do I Have To Be Thankful For?

Absolutely, Positively Everything. Everything beautiful in my life.
Chloe woke me up early this morning saying "get up mommy, its Happy Thanksgiving".
My little nina standing there in her high heels that Dawn sent her on her birthday this past February. Just one of 10 pairs that she sent her that Chloe refuses to part with because she thinks she is a princess when she wears them. I was immediately taken back 2 years ago and remember it being one of the saddest days of my life. Having to endure all the Thanksgiving get togethers pretending my heart wasn't breaking because my baby girl was still in Guatemala and my sweet son in law was in Afghanistan fighting a war for all of us. I am so very ashamed today to know that I didn't think God had it all under control. I am so very thankful Chloe is home and Matthew is home. I am thankful that Brent who the doctors told us just a few years ago that he would be in a wheelchair by his 18th birthday and PRAISE THE LORD he is getting ready to turn 19 and is the healthiest he has been in years. I am so thankful that Kyleigh, Matthew, Brent, and Kaitlyn all know our Lord as their personal Savior. I am thankful oh so thankful that my husband is the Godliest man I know and I am blessed to be his helpmate.
Thankful for all the wonderful Christian friends that God has brought into my life through international adoption. Thankful for all the children that have came home and thankful for all the children that are coming home. From Guatemala to Haiti to Vietnam. And it wouldn't be Thanksgiving if I didn't thank Him for another beautiful child so far away that is spending his first and last Thanksgiving without his Mommy & Daddy and that is Zane. Baby brother to Kyleigh, Brent, Kaitlyn and Chloe, baby brother in law to Matthew. Lastly, I am so thankful for the woman I have become. For you see I am not sad or depressed or broken this Thankgiving waiting for Zane like I was waiting for Chloe. I have complete faith in knowing that God will bring Zane home exactly at the right moment. I am so very thankful!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Happy Thanksgiving Blackwell family!
d:)
Love the shoe story! ;)